The role of the homeroom parent is to support the efforts and direction of the classroom teacher.
The main method and areas of support are:
- To be a catalyst for creating a culture of service, grounded in charity, to ensure a truly vibrant and welcoming community for all parents and students in your section.
- To assist the teacher in finding volunteers for any assistance he/she may need in the classroom.
- To assist the Social and Fundraising Chairs/Committees with any school-wide events (i.e. Book Drive, Family Picnic, Auction, etc.) relative to your grade and keeping enthusiasm for these projects high within your section.
- To assist in communicating with families when other forms of communication such as our parent newsletter and website are not applicable.
- To keep the Archway Veritas Parent Organization Executive Board aware of any particular needs or problems that arise in your class section so that can assist you.
At-Large Homeroom Chair
Homeroom Parent List: Download PDF